24 Nov 2012

Role Models - Fascinating Fictional Females

I'm not sure if I'd call myself a feminist - I'm not that into the whole women-against-men rhetorics to be honest but I'm happy to confess that I love nothing more than a book with a strong female protagonist. Like Katniss Everdeen or Scarlett O'Hara. I like my women, like I like my G&T - strong and unapologetic. 
And with no further ado, here's my list of books that features strong, sassy females who make for great (albeit fictional) role models and mentors: 







"Rules of Civility" by Amor Towles



"The Best of Everything" by Rona Jaffe



"Gone With The Wind" by Margaret Mitchell


"A Vision of Loveliness" by Louise Levene


"The Stars in the Bright Sky" by Alan Warner




"The Summer Without Men" by Siri Hustvedt

1 comment:

  1. You've got some very interesting female characters in that list! But, um, feminism isn't a "whole women-against-men rhetorics" any more than the civil rights movement was a "whole black people against white people rhetoric". It's about ensuring equal rights for both sexes, and equal rights for all races.

    ReplyDelete