26 Mar 2012

Paris, je t'aime


Like delicious French patisserie? Enjoy a bouef bourguignon? A good glass of red wine? Feeling slightly hungry now? Then you - like me - will be drawn to "The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French Recipes with a Fresh and Fun Approach" by Rachel Khoo. 

It is a cook book with a twist. It is written by Rachel Khoo, a gorgeous young lady (watch out Nigella), who left her native London and her steady job to become a chef in Paris. And not just any old chef. This girl opened a restaurant in her tiny flat, cooking for a maximum of two diners at a time in a seriously spartan kitchen. And she became a hit with fashionable Paris. 
Such a hit that she now has her own show on the BBC. I have just watched the first episode and it was mouthwatering. I am up for cooking salted caramel chocholate fondant (it was called something far more poetic in French!) right this moment and feel tempted to spend a large amount of money on cook books and kitchen paraphenalia! 

So "The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French Recipes with a Fresh and Fun Approach" by Rachel Khoo is going straight on my TBR!! 

2 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous, isn't she? I'm sure that helped her get the TV show :P
    The recipe book looks interesting, I'm not a big fan of French food but I'm open to trying it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, she is really gorgeous - and I love her 1950s style! I was completely taken with the stylistic setting of the show. Paris, dresses with polkadots, red lipstick and the food... I've never done French cooking but I am all set to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete