13 Mar 2011

Willa Wants to Read... Exotic cookbooks!

I do like a good book about cooking- I LOVE cooking and I love to read cookbooks to get inspiration. These are some of the wonderful books about food, lovely, delicious food, that I have on my TBR and that I really want to read. And they are all about exotic and exciting kitchens!

The Book of Jewish Food by Claudia Roden. Because I have absolutely no knowledge about the Jewish kitchen but after visiting the Jewish Museum in Berlin a few months ago, I really want to learn more about traditional Jewish cooking.



Thai Food by David Thompson includes a large range of Thai recipes from all over that country. I will be going to Thailand in a month's time and I imagine that when I get back I will be full of foodie inspiration and wanting to try my hand at cooking lots of Thai recipes. I've heard that this book has all the information needed to get started so it is definitely on my TBR list!



Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible by Madhur Jaffrey. I guess the title says it all: a great guide to cooking curry. Up here in Scandiland there is nothing better than a curry to banish the cold. So I really want to learn more about curries so that when next winter comes, I will be able to cook up an Indian feast for the taste buds.



Sichuan Cookery by Fuchsia Dunlo. There is no such thing as a good Chinese restaurant in this city where I live. Lots and lots of bad ones but not one decent one. If you ever want really beautiful Chinese food, try Hakkasan in London. For now, I will have to make do with cooking my own Chinese dishes and what better way to get inspired than to read Sichuan Cookery?



What are your favourite cookbooks?

No comments:

Post a Comment